We hope you had a lovely weekend enjoying the sunshine. We just wanted to send an email to update you about our new website Shop Crafts! We have lots of exciting news and lots of information, sorry this is a long email to read but please read through all the information as its very important. This email is to follow on from our facebook post for those of you that have not read we have put it below
NEW TO LINCS LASER CRAFT
We have developed a new website, this website is for our crafters to sell their painted products on. This service is free to all Lincs Laser customers for life as long as you sign up and upload some or as many of your products as you like before September to qualify for the free product listing for life. We have created this website to help your sales but also for us to send customers to who would like products painting which will also help your sales grow. This will also put hand painted wooden products in one place for easy shopping for customers and potential new customers, as we understand on other selling platforms such as 'ebay' etc hand painted and handcrafted products tend to get lost within the millions of other items for sale. So this website is exclusively for hand painted wooden items only. We will be offering exclusive benefits and discounts with this service.
All information about this service and website is included below, please take the time to read through the email thoroughly so you don't miss out!!
Please take a look and see what you think, this is still a work in progress, lots of amazing new features will be added over the next few months. Please show your support and upload your products! Any feedback is much appreciated!
The Exciting News...
We will be offering Shop Crafts Account Holders;
- Free listing fees for life if you sign up and list products before September
- Exclusive Lincs Laser Customer Sign ups only until September
- Between £2,500 - £5,000 Advertisement for your products between September - December 2015
- Exclusive Discounts on Lincs Laser Products
- Lincs Laser Account upgrade with special discounts, promotions and special offers.
- Shop Crafts Facebook Page which you can also share your products with a website link on for www.shopcrafts.co.uk
- Email support on How to sell your products and use your accounts - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exclusive selling guides to maximise your chances of sales.
To get all of this YOU MUST SIGN UP BEFORE SEPTEMBER!!
We have many other future bonus schemes in place for Shop Crafts Account holders which we would like to keep as a surprise which will be put in place over the next few months.
The long part with all the information needed...
What do you need to do?
- Sign up for an account www.shopcrafts.co.uk
- Fill in your personal account details, the nickname can be used for your shop name or your business name which will be shown at the end of the website browser link which is great for sharing links with your customers on Facebook, Ebay etc. This works the same as your Facebook page link. For example if your business name was 'Lincs Laser' then your browser link will show as www.shopcrafts.co.uk/lincslaser.
- Add a description of your business. This section you can add as little or as much information as you like about you, your business, the products you make and your customer service and your processing and dispatch times. Try to include as much as possible so your customers are more willing to buy from you.
- Add your paypal email address. Please make sure this is correct so you receive your payments.
- Add an avatar photo when you sign up or in the account area, this is also known as a Profile picture which can be of you or your business logo.
- Add a banner when you sign up or in the account area, this is also known as a cover photo like on Facebook. This can be pictures of your products, paints you use, business info etc. The size will need to be 750 x 750 pixels which can be adjusted in paint resize option.
- Any information provided can be changed at any stage within your account section.
- After all your information has been filled in correctly, its time to add your products. It is important to try and add products as soon as possible to show potential customers what you have to offer.
- Once you have completed your details you will automatically be taken to 'Seller Dashboard'. On the right hand side of the screen (or on a phone you will need to scroll down) you will see 'Quick Navigation' with a list of options to select, you will need to click 'Create a new product' which will then take you to a new page to create your 'listing'.
- At the top you will see 'New Product' with 6 tabs. Click through each tab in order and fill in the details as requested. There is a section on the website to explain what to do on these tabs which can be found at the bottom of the website in the buying and selling section or click here 'How to sell guide'. Just read through the step by step instructions.
It is very important that you try to add a product or as many products as possible as soon as you sign up for an account as this is the prime time to get your products noticed by potential customers. The longer you leave adding products the harder it will be for your products to be seen as there will be many other Crafters signing up for an account and eager to add their products (As you can see on the website already). The main reason we want you to add products as soon as possible is because we are currently only offering this service to Lincs Laser Account Holders, as of the 1st of September the website will be open to any crafters who sell wooden hand painted products to join and sell their products. So if Lincs Laser account holders sign up before September and add their products before September then this gives you top selling priority.
As an added bonus, Lincs Laser will be offering to spend anywhere between £2,500 up to £5,000 on advertisement to promote this website. To do this we will have to create ad campaigns which all has to be done before September. Our ad campaigns will consist of products already added to the website, this is why you need to add your products as soon as possible if you wish for your products to be part of our ads which will be used from September. If your products are not on by September then you may miss out on the chance for them to be seen by 10,000 of people our advertisements will reach between September - December. We will be allocating a high amount of money for such a small time scale which is guranteed to gain high volumes of website traffic which in turn means a massive boost in website sales for you.
What are the fees?
- Listing fees to lincs laser craft shapes customers is free for life if you join Shop Crafts website and have added products on before September 2015
- When your product sells there is a 10% fee, we plan to get this fee down however because we are using paypal as a payment there is a fee when a custmer buys the product and then a fee when we send you the payment which means 2 paypal fees for 1 transaction this is what the 10% covers as the site gets busier and sells more than £100,000 paypal fees go down and then the site fees will also go down.
- Listing fees do not make us any money, they are purely there to cover paypal fees only.
- We do ask for you to not trade outside of the website as we have to make a massive investment to get sales. The only way we can keep driving customers to the website is by advertising and if we are paying to get customers to the website then crafters are telling them to go to there facebook page the site will not work as we don't have a large pot of money to keep putting to the site.
- We have limit the site to wooden products which also limit the sites earnings this is why it is important we trade fair if we find there is to much unfair tradding then we will have no choise but to open the site to all types of crafts
- We do ask for you to upload as many products as you can they can and not sit back to see if the site works and get site sale as it will only be a sucess with your help and your products.
The longer part with a bit more information you may like to know...
Why Choose us as a company?
Well we personally think there are many reasons to choose us as a company, for those of you who have been shopping with us for a while will see we have spent alot of time and money on various things to help our crafters out. Such as;
- We created 'youpickwepaint.co.uk' for you to use as a catalogue to send your customers too with no direct links to us or prices. Just products.
- Then we spent further money on building this in to a facebook tab which well over 100 pages use and we are still actively upgrading this all the time.
- Every week we add fresh new designs to our website, a variety of laser cut and router cut products.
- We have a Lincs Laser Craft shopping app for iphone and android phones. Available in the app store. To help make shopping easier!
- We have put together bargain Christmas packs, with most items up to half price! To give you all a head start on Christmas.
- We have also put together a 'Crafters Money Maker' Category where items are just £2.99!! which are guranteed to be a great sales opportunity.
- The Lincs Laser website now has seperate accounts for 'Personal' customers and 'Crafters'. This means general public (possibly your customers) won't be able to see what you pay for your items. Crafters have to sign in to view their prices, discounts and special offers.
We had to relook at our website as we were finding general public was finding our website and buying the items there self instead of going to our crafter so we changed the whole platform so crafters prices where hidden this move affected our trade in a big way but we did not mind as we are about crafting we take crafting seriouly and love watching companies grow and we try our best to help them as much as we can.
We are the only company the uk that has constantly invested in Laser Craft Shapes. We now have 5 laser machines and 1 huge cnc router machine, this is because we do not want our crafters to be waiting for their products longer than they have to. When you think about it, this is a massive acheivement as we have only been running for 18months! This also shows we have not done all of this hard work for our selves, we have put the majority of the money earned back into the business and spent on new machines to give our customers a much faster and more efficient service. We aim to send all standard items within 48hrs and personalised orders within 1-2 weeks, although very often its a lot sooner. We are the largest stockest of wooden crafts again this maybe concidered as 'dead money' sat on a shelf and this is why most companies cut to order. However we are diffirent, we understand how important time scales are, the quicker we get your items to you the quicker you get the item to your customer which means they're happy and you can move on to the next one. A much more efficient reliable service than anyone else.
We can say we have not always got every thing right, we have had to learn all the way and work many hours to perfect what we do but we are ready for this Christmas! It is our second christmas as a busines, we have every standard christmas line in stock. To give you an idea of how prepared we are this year, we have stocked over 40'000 baubles (Crazy we know, but they sure do sell!). We have been cutting christmas lines all year in preperation for this busy time of the year not only for us but for crafters too! As handmade items are a real must have for christmas gifts and home decor. Another reason for us to be so prepared is shopcrafts.co.uk we are going to try our best to help you sell as much as possible. Our aim is simple; if we can make our crafters grow, then all the wood companies will grow as well. This is not all about us, this is about making the whole laser industry grow and putting wood craft on the map. There are about 64 million people in this country and we bet wood crafts are only sold to less 5% of the country, which we dont think is good enough and this is why we want make so much effort to make this change!
A little extra so you can get to know us as a company...
Our company Profile
Tim Nightingale - The guy with the bright ideas! He is our IT guy who deals with everything technical, from setting up and maintaining our laser machines to creating our many websites, apps and everything in between. Not only is he a wiz on the computer but he also designs all of our Router products and works hard to get all your personalised Router products out to you. This is a very hard Job as he has to work around the clock to ensure everything is running smoothly not only whilst in the office but at home too! Tim loves to think up all the new ideas to help crafters and he is who you can thank for this great idea of Shop Crafts.
Sue Nightingale - Sue is Tim's mum who works extremely hard on your personlised orders and design requests non stop all day to make sure your orders get to you as soon as possible. Not only does Sue deal with all your personalised orders but she also designs most of our lovely new designs which is her favourite part of the job! Sue works all day every day through out the week at Lincs Laser but also has a 2nd Job working evenings and weekends. Which also means she works around the clock, this lady never sleeps! she must be a robot!!
Teresa Faye - Is Tims other half. Teresa answers all of your messages, emails and phonecalls. Not only our admin but she designs our laser cut designs too and uploads all new products to facebook, twitter, instagram and the website. Which is also an around the clock occupation due to the constant flow of new designs we create every week. Teresa is the 'Crafty' one who gets the blame for all this starting :) she will happily give crafters advise on products, designs, which paints to use, how to paint our products, what to use to finish the products and any other crafty information you may need. Teresa has a partner who is a work-a-holic that works lots of hours and she works right by his side, which of course means they're like zombies most days.
Jason Stone - Also known as Jay, he Is Tim's brother in law. Again this guy works hard throughout the day, he controls the laser machines and the cnc router, making sure all your orders and stock is cut on time. You wont get to see him very ofter as hes so busy rushing around at the speed of light ;) to get all the orders out in time for posting. You would think it would get easier with 5 laser machines? nope it is even harder. As long as you keep Jay stocked up with Coffee and snacks theres no chance of him stopping!
Tina Davies - Is a close family friend and has worked for us on and off for 20 years in various businesses. So we treat her like family which of course means working extra hard and long days. Tina does all the picking for orders as well as packing and posting all of your orders! Tina is also a great help on the laser machines when she gets a spare moment. Tina of course is well known for her lovely cups of tea and milky coffees :D but unfortunately not quite as offen as we like :( nornally if we ask 3 hours before we want one we get one 3 hours later lol.
All in all we are a very hard working team and do our very best to make sure everything runs smoothly to get your orders to you as quickly as possible. Well we think we have said enough, Thanks for taking the time to read through everything, we hope we havent bored you with all this information. We hope to see your products on the new site as it would be a shame to miss out on this one www.shopcrafts.co.uk
All information can be found on the website. If you have any questions please feel free to email us on email@example.com